History of Huta Częstochowa

There is nothing more constant than… change. The history of Huta Częstochowa proves it best. However, one thing has remained the same: Huta Częstochowa has always been a leader in implementing modern technologies that ensure the highest quality of manufactured products.

2005

The Industrial Union of Donbass (ISD) becomes the owner of the steelworks, whose full name is now ISD Huta Częstochowa Sp. z o.o.

2001

2001

Blast furnace is shut down.

1994-1997

1994-1997

Construction of a new steel plant with a ladle furnace, electric converter and continuous steel casting line.

1972

1972

The heavy plate mill in Kucelin is launched.

1959

1959

Extension of the steelworks: blast furnace and coking plant in Mirów, the so-called workshop district, and a steel plant and pipe rolling mill in Raków are built.

1928

1928

Raków and steelworks, up until then located in the Huta Stara municipality, are incorporated within the borders of Częstochowa.

1913

1913

The plant produces 114 thousand tonnes of pig iron, 87 thousand tonnes of steel and 81 thousand tonnes of rolled products.

1903

1903

Construction of a workers’ housing estate for the employees of the steelworks in Raków begins.

1902

1902

Two blast furnaces, the most modern in the Kingdom of Poland at that time, a steel plant and a rolling mill are fully-functional at the steelworks.

1896

1896

Bernard Ludwik Hantke initiates the construction of an ironworks in Raków near Częstochowa.